Saturday, December 26, 2009

Chinese Glutinous Rice (or) Lo Mai Kai

This is one of my favourite Chinese food. I've been looking for this recipe quite sometime ago and I couldn't manage to find one as I don't exactly know their Chinese name. That is bad huh, my favourite food but I don't know the name. :P One day,I found the recipe for these yummy glutinous rice in HBS' blog and they look very delicious. I am very glad that she shared it and realize that they are called Lo Mai Kai..Need some practise to pronounce the name correctly .lol.

I give it a try today and it is really really delicious. Thanks HBS for her wonderful recipe. You can check the detail recipe here. The taste is so great and it is much better than outside selling one. I feel that home cooked food are always the best.

OK here is the step by step preparation.

Soak glutinous rice and black mushrooms overnight. Drain the water in the morning and steam the rice for about 30 minutes. Prepare mixing sauce and chicken mushroom while steaming rice.

Fired chicken mushrooms and mixing sauce for rice Put the rice (after mixing with the sauce) in a disposable container and steam for another 20mins.

Dish out and ready to serve! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Honey Bee Sweets said...

So glad that my recipe turned out great and yummy for you. ;) And you are right, it is definitely better then store bought ones. Enjoy!

Evy said...

Hello...Yes it is really delicious!!..Thank you so much for your recipe. :-)

Anonymous said...

Rice and mushrooms, my favorites.

subuueain said...

yum.. yum :D