Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tuna/Sausage Kimbap




These small little Kimbaps were prepared by my sis who loves almost all Korean food. For me, I don't even know how to pronounce some Korean food properly. This morning she made it again for her study group. In order not to waste her effort, I recorded down and now I m publishing it in my blog to share with my fellow bloggers. ;-)




Ingredients

  • 5 cups of cooked rice
  • Roasted seaweed
  • Yellow radish pickle , 1 big cucumber (cut them into strips)
  • A can of tuna (we use tuna in oil)
  • Cooked sausage, cooked crab meat (cut them into strips)
  • mixing sauce (made with 1Tbs of sesame oil,1 tsp of sugar, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of lime juice)

Preparation before rolling

  1. Drain the oil from tuna and put it on a heated pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
  2. Prepare the cooked rice in a large bowl and mix with mixing sauce .Stir it evenly. Set it aside.

Rolling of kimbap

  1. Place a sheet of seaweed on the bamboo mat and spread a layer of rice (evenly) .
  2. Place 2 tsp of tuna flakes, a strip of yellow radish, cucumber, sausage and crab meat on top.
  3. Roll it up gently using the bamboo mat.
  4. Remove the bamboo mat and cut the roll into 1-2 cm thick (before cutting rub with a little bit of sesame oil by using hand)

Ready to serve. Enjoy!

4 comments:

rose of sharon said...

Is it the same taste with sushi? I never tried kinbap before ,I wish I can try some from the pictures :)

Evy said...

Hello, thanks for visiting. Yes, they are having the same tase actually. Just different in name only.

Shinlay said...

thanks for mixing sauce.
next time I will try with this.

PhotoVigor said...

I like all kind of food so long as can eat but am lazy to prepare.